Thursday, June 09, 2005

Lovers and Friends Sample

I’m not really up on new music that much, but this had been bothering me for awhile, that song by Ludacris, Usher, Lil John – Lovers and Friends, I know I have heard the background piano sample on that song before. But for the life of me I couldn’t think of the song.

Well I found out today, kinda by accident, I just happened to be switching through the radio on the way to work and I heard this song on the radio with that piano track. Well luckily the song was almost over and at the end of the song the DJ said it was Bonnie Raitt – I Can’t Make You Love Me. This is the song they sampled for Lovers and Friends. Now I can sleep well tonight. Although I do have 2 more thoughts about it:

1) On that new Mariah Carey song it sounds like she uses the same background piano sample from Raitt’s song, I may be wrong but I don’t think so, and

2) I swear there was some 90’s R&B song that also sampled Raitt’s song. But I cannot thing of it for the world. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, actually the song is a sample of Lovers and Friends by Michael Sterling

Anonymous said...

george micheal has doen a cover of the Bonnie Raitt – I Can’t Make You Love me, but little jon has not used it

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!