Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Susan Tedeschi

http://www.susantedeschi.com/

Heard about this lady on NPR this morning, I mean she can sing, has an outrageous voice. I hate to say it, but when I first heard her sing I thought, “Can’t be a white woman blowing like this.” As one of the kids I tutor from time to time would say, “she put some stank on it.” Well white and from New England, you would think at least she would hail from down south somewhere; she even plays a mean electric guitar. I missed some of the interview when I stopped to grab some breakfast, but the lady was very, very cool. I think I may have to check out her new album, she covers some great songs. Maybe during the return of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival they could have her perform, she would fit in perfectly, anywhere from the Sprint Stage to Congo Square to the Gospel Tent. Good Stuff.

5 comments:

The Underdog said...

Nah man I think white women learned to sing when they learned to grow an ass.

headliner said...

Man you're trying to get me in trouble with that comment, but since you brought it up....

Interesting viewpoint...maybe I could use all those stats and econometrics classes I took and start a research project...."Is There A Statistical Correlation Between Booty Size and Ability to Sing (Like Blacks Folks Sing) Among Caucasian Females." Now all I need is some test data, know of any volunteers? Brian, if you read this maybe you can work on your own version over in Japan? Wonder if Prof. Sarangi would be happy.

Brian Mims said...

Man, I think you guys may have something worthy in vesting time into. I know its RARE to see some "junk in the trunk" over in the Far East and singing . . . . well its not the singing we know. Granted there are those outliers in any country, "The Low End Theory" is pretty non-existent here.
What would the parameters be?
I HAVE TO BE the tester for that! Can I wear a lab coat too!?

The Underdog said...

Well, I don't know about in Japan, but lately I've seen some Asian girls working with something in the trunk. Granted, I don't know about their singing abilities...and I guess I'm not trying to test that.
There may be something to this test though. We need to compile some body shots, preferably profiles. That should be a good start. We got any test subjects?

Brian Mims said...

We need body shots. Lots of Body Shots. . . .